The launch of the Forest pilot project
The local team:
1 leader of the Umoya Collective (legal and psychosocial support for mena and asylum seekers and refugees)
1 animator of the master’s degree in science and technical games from the Haute Ecole Iessid
1 facilitator of the Umoya Collective
1 Local Coordinator of the Cpas de Forest
The local team has established a close collaboration with:
• The high school Iessid and the Umoya Collective which animate the workshops at the high school.
• The dynamo association: socio-educational help, street social work, community work, individual help.
• The visitor center: Les Hirondelles,
• The Queen Marie-Henriette Children’s Home ASBL
• The restaurant of the heart: helps the social insertion with the precarious people.
• Sango: the international communication agency engaged, responsible for the local promotion of the project and filming during the workshops
8 to 12 years old
A group composed by children who live in forest, children of the public of the restaurant of the heart, children of the Children’s House Queen Marie-Henriette ASBL and children of the centers of reception.
From January 30, 2019 to May 15, 2019
The children left for a residential stay from 26 to 28 April in the Namur region … The ALFEA CINEMATOGRAFICA team was able to follow and film images of this incredible experience.
Open day at BRASS
An open day was held on May 15th from 2 to 5:30 pm at Brass, Francophone cultural center of Forest
In the program:
Speech by the President of the Cpas and the Bourgmestre de Forest
Presentation of the project and the results of the workshops
Fun activity organized by the animators of the Umoya collective and the Iessid high school
Exchanges with children and parentsThis day was a real success! More than 40 children were present. The press was able to collect rich testimonials from children!