Save the Children Romania promotes and defends the rights of the asylum seeking and refugee children, considering that every child, regardless of the legal status and origin, has fundamental rights that the authorities of the host country must respect as a matter of priority.
Save the Children Romania has been active in the field of asylum since 1995, running a series of projects that offer educational and social services addressing the specific needs of asylum seeking and refugee children, including unaccompanied minors and relocatted children.
In the 23 years of work in the asylum field, Save the Children’s interventions focused on ensuring that children and their families’s rights are respected, with the aim of integrating them into the host society. Over 6500 children and their families have benefited from day-to-day activities, financial assistance, social and psychological counseling, and material and educational support.
Throughout 2017, Save the Children Romania has assisted over 1,200 children, of which nearly half were under the age of 6, and 1,300 parents or vulnerable adults, their main countries of origin being Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Daily program for children in accommodation facilities.
- Facilitating access to education and cultural accommodation.
- Services to meet basic needs.
- Facilitating access to social and medical services.
- Social, psychological and legal counseling for children and adults.
- Specialized counseling on status rights and obligations.
- Improving reception conditions.
Address: Intr. Ștefan Furtună nr. 3, sector 1, 010899, București, România
Telephon: +40 21 316 61 76
Fax: +40 21 312 44 86